Monday, May 10, 2010

Chicken Pecan Quiche

{Photo : Kashi}

This is one of my favorites! I'll be enjoying some leftover today from Mother's Day brunch! We sometimes omit the pecans & it's just as yummy!

Click here for the printable recipe

Pastry:

1 c. flour
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 c. pecans, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/3 c. vegetable oil

Combine the flour, cheese, pecans, salt and paprika in a bowl; mix well. Stir in the oil. Reserve 1/4 of the mixture. Press the remaining mixture over the bottom and side of a 9” quiche pan, preferably with a removable bottom. Prick with a fork. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let stand until cool.

Quiche:
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 c. onion, minced
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed (optional)
3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
1/4 c. pecan halves (or one half for each serving)

Combine the eggs, chicken broth, sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl; mix well. Stir in the chicken, cheese and onion; add optional dill weed and hot pepper sauce, if you want. Spoon into the baked crust; sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture and arrange pecan halves on top. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.

Bee Happy,
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to the fact that this is absolutely delicious! I received this very recipe from a sweet lady at our church a few years ago, and I have been making it ever since! The leftovers are terrific, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe. :) Found you on Skip To My Lou. Have a great day!

    Brooke @ craftingchicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I have never made quiche before, but this might change that.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog to help celebrate my 100th post! I'll be back soon. =)

    -Aimee
    www.aintyomamasblog.com

    ReplyDelete