Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween Decor Poster



I have had this idea on my brain for months and months! Seriously... I have always been a big fan of the "Keep Calm & Carry On" posters. I know, I know - they've been a bit overdone in home decor blog circles, but not in my circle of family and friends. I pictured 3 in different colors hanging in my home office.

I looked into buying a reproduction or 2 or 3, but couldn't settle on colors. Then I saw a reproduction at Target that wasn't as large or framed the way that I envisioned. I almost bought them though and even had them in my cart. At $14.99 they were a bargain, too!

Then I decided to do some research and I realized that really with the right font, I could create a decent version myself. I'm a litle bit of a font freak/font-a-holic so I set out to find something that would be close to the original.


I have seen plenty of customized versions such as this

for sale on Etsy and the like and I got to wondering about the possibility of copyright infringnement. The general concensus is that the original poster is out of copyright so you may do with it what you will.

That is when the idea for a halloween version came to me! I figured that I coud whip it up in a matter of a half an hour or so (hunt for the right font included!) but on yet another search for the perfect font, I came across the Keep Calm-O-Matic I literally made it in a matter of 30 seconds.



And I LOVE it! I plan to print as an 8 x 10 and frame it to hang for this time of year.

It should be easy enough for you to reproduce it with the link. But if you prefer, leave your email or email me and I can send you the high resolution file. I think it would be best printed on matte photo paper by a professional photo lab, but you could even print this at home.

If you are interested in the history of the poster, be sure to check it out!

Bee Happy,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment