Thursday, October 21, 2010

Preserving Pumpkins

Do you know the best way to clean & preserve the gourds & pumpkins that you use for indoor decorating?
It only takes a few minutes and really makes a difference in how they look and makes them last longer.

First, give 'em a bath! In a solution of bleach water. I use 1 part bleach to 10 parts water.



Let 'em hang out in there for a little while. If you put the stems down, they won't bob up.


 
Then dry them off and buff them with some Vaseline. You can't tell a whole lot in the pic, but the one on the left is buffed and the one on the right isn't.

Now look how cute my little pumpkins look after their bath & buff!


In case you were wondering - the cute little BOO stickers came from Target in their scrapbooking section for .99! I did the same thing last year, but just drew the letters on with a Sharpie. They make me smile everytime I see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment